Policy Last Updated: 12/08/2016
Hometown News is located at:
P.O. Box 850, Fort Pierce, FL 34954
- Website Visitors
- Like most website operators, Hometown News collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Hometown News’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Hometown News’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Hometown News may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Hometown News also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://www.hometowngiftcertificates.com blog posts. Hometown News only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
- Certain visitors to Hometown News’s websites choose to interact with Hometown News in ways that require Hometown News to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Hometown News gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at https://www.hometowngiftcertificates.com to provide a username and email address.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Links To External Sites
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
- Hometown News discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Hometown News’s behalf or to provide services available at Hometown News’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Hometown News’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Hometown News will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Hometown News discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Hometown News believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Hometown News, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://www.hometowngiftcertificates.com and have supplied your email address, Hometown News may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Hometown News and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Hometown News takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Aggregated Statistics
- Hometown News may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Hometown News may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Hometown News does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
- Those who engage in transactions with Hometown News – by purchasing Hometown News's services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Hometown News collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Hometown News. Hometown News does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- Business Transfers
- If Hometown News, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Hometown News goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Hometown News may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.